Friday, October 17, 2008

The Shrinking Baby?


Well, not really... Today was little Max's first doctor's visit. Everything went well, it turns out that he's only 19 1/4 inches long. They said that the way they measure the baby after delivery is usually inaccurate because they just lay the baby on a sheet of paper and make two marks to get a measurement. I guess it's hard when you got a squirmy, slippery baby! He's also back up to his original birth weight, when he left the hospital he was 5 lbs 10 ounces. So both Max and I have been doing a good job breast feeding. It takes most babies two weeks to get up to their birth weight. Afterwards we all stopped by to say hi at Mike's parents, David and Phyllis. I was excited to get out of the house and excited to sport my new Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag that Mike had got me as a Mother's Day gift. How sweet huh? I was packing the diaper bag using a bunch of various diaper, diaper wipes and baby samples they have sent me in the mail and I came across a little packet of Medela Tender Care Lanolin. Did you check out that picture of the baby on the product? I had to laugh because I've never seen a baby with so much hair! Kinda hard to believe, it looks like a baby toupee if you ask me.

2 comments:

Barbara Eads said...

Okay you two, you have to differentiate as to which one is doing the blogging. At first, I thought Mike was also breastfeeding! It wasn't until a little further down that I realized Jess was posting this time! Love the pictures.
Aunt Barb

Dani Boo said...

I agree with your Aunt Barb....Mommy or Daddy?? But I am loving everything on the blog and I can't wait to meet Max for myself. (Good God Jess... you said you were busty but wow I am impressed! ;)

~Dani~