Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Missy Bossy












          Last Saturday we took Max swimming for his first time at Zach's neighborhood pool. Although the water was a bit cold he didn't seem to mind. He lounged in his duckie float seat and kicked his legs around a little bit. We didn't stay long. I was so worried he'd get too much sun, even though he was wearing 50 sunblock, had a hat on and his floaty had a canopy over it! I signed Max and I up for a baby swim class at the YMCA so I can't wait for that to begin this weekend. It should be a bunch of fun.

After swimming we headed over to my parent's because we were asked to babysit Miss Scarlett for the evening. Scarlett was excited to see us, especially Max and would help out whenever she could. She'd help when I was changing his diaper by getting out the wipes and throwing away the diaper. I even showed her how to wash off his pacifier if he dropped it. We also found out that Scarlett doesn't like being told what to do, so I don't know how many times she told both Mike and I that we were NOT the boss of her or that she was going to tell her Mom on us. We both got a kick out of this and I told her that she was the bossy one! At one time she put Max in time out on her little red stepping stool where he proceeded to pull her hair. She kept on telling him to stop spitting! I tried to explain to her that babies slobber when they are getting their teeth. I was surprized with how smoothly the night went and Max seemed to enjoy Scarlett's company. I think he stared at her for most of the evening. I guess he liked watching her talk.  J

2 comments:

D & B said...

Too funny! We had a recent experience with this! Good thing the babies can't tell them what they think yet!

Barbara Eads said...

Scarlet might as well get used to it. With her mop of curls, they're just a baby magnet!